What criteria do you find most important when choosing the high school your son/daughter attends. I have come up with a few ideas but you may have more.
To make it easiest – which would be the top 3 considerations [either from the list below or your own list]
- Geography – how close it is to where you live?
- Curriculum – do they offer that something extra – great music program, top class sports etc?
- Reputation – how important is it that you know someone that speaks highly about the school?
- Pastoral care – how relevant is it that the school has a welfare team, wellbeing workers, chaplains, counsellors – that type of service?
- Academics – do you check the ATAR scores and the NAPLAN results?
- School visit – do you ask for a tour of the school and try and pick up a sense of the atmosphere?
- Friendship groups – do you send your child to the same school that their friends are going to minimise the social upheaval?
- Fees – does it really matter how much they charge?
What do you reckon ? Leave your comment below.