Bullying Gone Viral !
Cybersafety is an ever increasing challenge for schools and it is clearly here to stay – in fact the issue seems to get bigger and more complex with every new app that becomes available.
Do you ever experience things like these?
- Students bringing out of hours, online issues into school?
- Needing to spend substantial time investigating and sorting things out?
- Dealing with parents who don’t fully understand what can happen in cyberspace?
- Working through the complexities with staff – offering support and guidance
Education is the answer – educating students, parents and staff. Not a simple lecture or a curriculum item but rather an integrated, comprehensive response involving the whole school community. (There are no quick fix answers).
Cyber Safety Clinic includes:
- formation of a cybersafety committee
- development of a cyber safety policy
- discussion forums with staff, students and parents
- interactive talks with an expert communicator
- mentoring of student committee members
- a semester of email support
- a semester of telephone support
- a semester review
Nigel has over 20 years experience of working with young people, parents and schools. He is a published author and international speaker.
Nigel is a charismatic entertaining speaker who spoke with our Year 7 Parents early in the school year. It was a very informative presentation and parents were thrilled with Nigel’s engaging and thought provoking session on social media and the connectivity of our young students. It was very much targeted to the audience and Nigel was flexible in that the parents could ask and seek advice at any point. There was humour and lots of stories and the parents thanked the school and Nigel for such a great presentation. In a world that is getting more and more reliant on such technologies the most important thing to do sometimes is turn it all off and think about what impact it is having on our young people. Nigel was very much about empowering parents to assist their children to strike a balance between their online life and the other important aspects of their life. Nigel’s presentation will be an annual event at MacKillop College and we value his partnership with our school.
Director of Student Services
MacKillop College Werribee.
Contact Nigel today – 0412-971933 – to discuss your school before you experience a major online incident.